What We Believe
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one God who has revealed Himself as God the Father Almighty, the Author and Creator of all things, and that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who took the form of human flesh to dwell among men. We believe that He accomplished men’s salvation through His life, death, resurrection and ascension.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the gift bestowed on the believer for the purpose of equipping and empowering the believer to be a more effective witness for Christ in the world. The Holy Spirit teaches and guides the believer in all truth.
- We believe that man was born in sin and must be born again of the Spirit in order to become a member of the spiritual family of God. We believe that man by nature is sinful and that he is fallen from the righteous state in which he was created. Man, therefore, must be restored by the Holy Spirit to a state of holiness from which he fell and be born again through faith in Christ. (Ephesians 2:1-8)
- We believe salvation results from God’s grace by which He delivers us from the power of sin, the guilt of sin and the penalty of sin. Salvation involves repentance, faith, conversion, justification, regeneration, sanctification and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the church is the body of baptized believers whose head is Christ.
- We believe in the second coming of Christ! We believe He shall come from heaven to earth, personally, bodily, and visibly (Acts 1:11; Titus 2:13; Matthew 16:27; 24:30) and that the church will be caught up to meet Him in the air (I Thessalonians 4:16-17).
" But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." - 1st Peter 2:9
"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
- 1st Peter 2:9
- 1st Peter 2:9